TEDx Sydney 2020
TED X Sydney
Where: First State Super Theatre, ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour, NSW
14 Darling Drive Darling Harbour, Sydney, Australia
When: Friday 22 MAY 2020
Secure your BRUNEL
Brunel has you covered for any event
What is TEDxSydney?
TEDxSydney is Australia’s leading ideas platform and a gold standard event on the global TEDx stage.
Our iconic flagship event takes place over one remarkable day and is filled with engaging talks, inventive performances, thought-provoking films and mind-expanding conversations with fellow attendees. It is a special experience, an event that gathers interesting and curious people from the community and invites them to take part in a unique day that explores new ideas with the purpose to inform, inspire and catalyse action.
What is the structure of the day?
Event Check-in: 7:00AM – 8:15AM. We encourage you to arrive by 8:00AM to ensure you have time to check-in and enjoy breakfast before heading to the Theatre for the main event.
The event ends at: 6:00PM
The TEDxSydney flagship event takes place in the First State Super Theatre with breaks happening nearby in the TEDxSydney HUB.
The day is broken up into 4 sessions. Speakers cover a diversity of topics: science, business, technology, art, design, entertainment, culture and much more. The HUB is a specifically designed and interactive space where you can go to connect with interesting people and experience innovative technologies, take your taste buds on an adventure and immerse yourself in a world of possibilities.
The theme for TEDxSydney 2020 is REAL. REAL Ideas. REAL Change. The REAL Thing.
Friday 22 May 2020
First State Super Theatre, ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour, NSW
Contributors from TEDxSydney 2020
- Mindy Meng Wang: Mindy Meng Wang is a versatile Chinese/Australian Composer and Guzheng Performing Artist.
- Sarah Aarons: Sarah Aarons is a Grammy-nominated songwriter from Melbourne, Australia.
- Reg Mombassa: Christopher O’Doherty, also know as Reg Mombassa is a New Zealand born Australian musician and artist. He is known for his membership in bands Mental as Anything, Dog Trumpet and The Pinks.
- Dominic Price: Born to Joy in the harsh Manchester Winter of 77, Dominic has a career that has reached far and wide through Europe, US and Asia PAC. Dom has responsibilities spanning 7 global R&D centres, and is the in house “Team Doctor” helping Atlassian scale by being ruthlessly efficient and effective, with one eye on the future.
- Angela Jay: Dr Angela Jay is the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Senior Registrar at Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney and is a passionate advocate for women’s safety and reproductive justice.
- Bindi Bosses: Established in April 2019, Bindi Bosses is a decolonising Urban South Asian Fusion performing arts group. They provide a platform for artists to connect and showcase stories of mixed cultural upbringing/heritage through fusion dance with a hip hop edge.
- Mikaela Jade: A Cabrogal woman from Sydney, is the Founder and CEO of technology company Indigital, which works to develop innovative ways to digitally translate knowledge and culture from remote and ancient communities.
- Mahmood Fazal: From biker gangs to prison, Mahmood Fazal is an Afghan-Australian writer on a mission to amplify the voices society refuses to hear.
This is an event you cannot miss and Brunel can make sure you are in the room on the 24th for what can only be described as an eye opening event. BOOK NOW & SAVE